Pages

Sunday 17 July 2016

Marjorie Gestring

In 1936, a 13 year old girl named Marjorie Gestring became the youngest person to ever win an Olympic gold medal. She won the gold medal in the springboard diving competition.Imagine that you were alive in 1936 and you had the chance to interview her.I would imagine if i could meet her and ask five question.(If I have to chance to meet her)

Question
1.Why did you decide to do diving competition and you're only 13 ?
2.How did you feel when you got your first Olympics gold metal?
3.Why did you decide to join the Olympics?
4.Do you like any other sports?
5.Did you went to oversea after when you won your first Olympics?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Htet htet,

    I am so happy to see that you have posted another blog for the Winter Learning Journey programme. That's fantastic! I think that you have chosen one of the most interesting activities, as well. Can you imagine meeting a woman who competed at the Olympic games at the tender age of 13? I am just amazed by the fact that Marjorie has not only able to complete but also to win an Olympic medal. If I had the chance I would also want to ask her why she decided to take up springboard diving and how it felt to win a gold medal. It must have been pretty exciting!

    I'm not sure what she did after she won her medal but I would imagine that she probably went overseas for a little trip. She certainly deserved a break!

    Unfortunately, Marjorie passed away in 1992 or else we could have actually asked her these questions.

    I hope that you will continue to ask questions and seek answers through the Winter Learning Journey programme over the next few days!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.